Sunday, August 28, 2016

SNOW!!

This morning was like Christmas come early: it was DUMPING snow outside my window!!   I tried to get a picture but snow flakes don't really show up that well on camera!  Anyways Whistler mountain officially opens on Friday (2 days!!) so I am very excited to get up on the hill VERY SOON!

I guess my outdoor running will be decreasing substantially over the next few months to be replaced by cross country skiing and the treadmill (which, thankfully, I love).

I applied and got accepted as a volunteer with the Adaptive Ski Program this winter.  It's a learn to ski program for disabled skiiers.  I will be a volunteer instructor and as a result get a free season pass up the mountain.

I also was nominated into the Golden Key International Honour Society for academic excellence (graduating in the top 15% of my Kinesiology class) at UVic, which is pretty cool and sounds fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment