Sunday, October 9, 2016

Lets Go Victoria!!

I am currently in Victoria for the weekend, and it's been so far so good!!  It's so great that summer has finally arrived, and although I am studying every day, at least I get out for a couple hours and get to enjoy it!  I only have one more week left of biochemistry 300 at UBC.  So far it's gone really well - I've had 2 of 3 exams, and the final one is next Saturday evening!!

On Friday my dad met me at the ferry to pick up my backpack, and I rode the coastal route (2.5 hours) back to his house.  It was so nice to ride on the the island again, and the evenings with the sun going down is one of my favorite times to ride!  Yesterday I took a pretty chill day and just studied and went to the moss street market!  We picked up these lamb shanks which we cooked in my dad's SUN OVEN all afternoon (see above)!!  How cool is that??  Just with solar energy we were able to maintain a temperature of 300 degrees for about 4 hours!!  The meat was fall-off-the-bone delicious!

I then headed over to the track to see Marilyn run a 3km TT at a local track event.  The sun went down and it got SO cold that my friend Jess and I had watch the race from the car.  We just pulled up next to the track and rolled down our windows every lap to cheer!! I also got to see a bunch of great tri friends last night at Sharpe's bbq!  I got there just as people were starting to head out which was too bad, but at least I got to see everyone and catch up a little bit.  I'll have to be more organized the next time I come and actually plan to see people a bit better!

... just getting ready for bed and bringing my water with me (I think I have a drinking problem!)

No comments:

Post a Comment